Fabulous Fall Soup
In our house, this one is called Halloween Soup as I’ve been making a version of “orange” soup on Halloween night for years.
I often add other root vegetables too; rutabagas/turnips/kohlrabi/
Adding some coconut milk will take it in a different direction, as will a dash of coconut oil right before serving.
What is your favourite way to spruce up a soup?
Ingredients at the ready.
Simmering along nicely.
Carrot and Root Vegetable Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 navel orange, zested and juiced
- (1 teaspoon curry powder)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 yam, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken stock
- 2 cups water